"Seen a shooting star tonight slip away. Tomorrow will be another day." ~Bob DylanBetween the hours of 11pm - 4am will offer the best viewing times, but this year's show is expected to have increased visibility due to a dimly lit waning moon. In addition to the meteor shower, the sky scene will be extra enjoyable since Venus and Jupiter will also be visible the to naked eye.
"Attention all shooters, I'm a shooting star. Life is a course and I'm a shoot for par" ~Lil WayneTips for watching the meteor shower:
- Know when the shower will peak in your area.
- Watch from an area with the least surrounding light.
- Bring a reclining chair so you can watch the sky more comfortably.
- Play the Star Wars theme song in the background to make the experience that more dramatic.
- Let Google Sky Map help you identify what you are seeing.
- Relax and enjoy the show!
"I love just who you are, I ain't gon' try to change ya. You are a shooting star, that's why you are my favorite." ~LMFAOFor more information check out this video from NASA:
"Don't you know that you are a shooting star, yeah. And the all the world will love you just as long. As you are, a shooting star." ~Bad Company