Thursday, December 8, 2011

Ho Ho Ho...

With Thanksgiving in the rear view and Christmas approaching quickly, I am slowly getting into the holiday spirit.  Growing up I didn’t celebrate Christmas so I don’t automatically go into fa-la-la mode just because tis’ the season.  
"Aren't we forgetting the true meaning of Christmas? You know, the birth of Santa." ~Bart Simpson 

Don’t get me wrong, I like Christmas and over the past week I’ve given it my best shot to begin getting festive.  Last weekend, I went to a gingerbread cookie baking event at the boy’s preschool, I put up our tree and took the family to a local drive through light show.  I'll admit it, I've even sang a carol or two in the car while drive around the town. (Some of those songs are really catchy!)
"Christmas is awesome. First of all you get to spend time with people you love. Secondly, you can get drunk and no one can say anything. Third, you give presents. What's better than giving presents? And fourth, getting presents. So, four things. Not bad for one day. It's really the greatest day of all time." ~Michael Scott (The Office)

Having kids definitely adds something special to Christmas for me and makes me want to get more into the spirit.  Watching the boy get excited about the lights, music, etc are definitely memory's I'll remember forever.  (Luckily for me he’s still too young and hasn't begun asking for outrageous gifts ~ so far its still just about the fun!)  And watching baby girl have her first Christmas will be very special.  (We already got her picture with the big fella framed.) I'm sure on the big day she will be in a very cute holiday outfit with a bow, on her still mostly bald head, looking prettier than ever. With my great kids and wonderful wife how could I not get into the Christmas spirit?
"Okay, this is extremely important. Will you please tell Santa that instead of presents this year, I just want my family back?" ~Kevin McCallister (Home Alone)



According to Santa, it appears that some of my behaviors and actions still have some room to improve.  To see the video I received from Santa (and make your own Santa video) click here:My Message from Santa.
"I hate Christmas.  The mall is full of nothing but women and children.  All you hear is, 'I want this,' 'Get me this,' 'I have to have this' ... and then there's the children.  Ans they're all by my store 'cause they stuck the mall Santa right outside ringing his stupid bell.  As if you need a bell to notice a 300-pound alcoholic in a red suit. 'Ho, ho, ho,' all day long.  So, nice as can be, I go outside, ask him to shut the hell up.  He takes a swing at me.  So I lay a hook into his fat belly and he goes down.  Beard comes off, all the kids start crying and I'm the bad guy." ~Al Bundy (Married with Children)

Since I’ll probably need to the till the last second to get myself on the “Nice” list.  I’m going to track Santa’s journey around the globe.  You should too!  Check it out here: NORA Santa Tracker
"You stink, you smell like beef and cheese, you don't smell like Santa." Buddy (Elf)

I'm pretty sure this year will be my best Christmas ever! 
I hope it will be yours too. Have a wonderful holiday season.. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, 
Rock on you Festivus people, Happy New Year, etc, etc, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment