Sunday, May 22, 2011

My Netflix Movie Review: Black Swan

"I absolutely loved Black Swan. I’m just not sure I can accurately say that I enjoyed it. When I first walked into Black Swan, I wasn’t sure what to think. When the movie was over and I walked out, I still wasn’t sure what to think. Despite how that might sound, that is not a criticism, but rather high praise for director Darren Aronofsky (The Wrestler, Requiem for a Dream), and Natalie Portman, who present a movie that is complex, compelling, and never ordinary. It is also one of the year’s best." ~ Ryan Fleming
General Movie Info:
Genre: Drama, Thiller
Plot: A ballet dancer (Natalie Portman) is chosen for the lead role in "Swan Lake". She is perfect for the White Swan scenes but struggles in the transformation into the Black Swan  
Rated: R


My thoughts:
Black Swan was better than I anticipated. While the movie is about a ballet dancer it is not a dancing movie. With all of the attention Black Swan received at the annual award shows I was a little worried that this would be an artsy ballet film. Instead it was a sexually charged dark thriller that kept me interested from beginning to end. If you like dark thrillers I would recommend putting it on your your Netflix queue.
    
Check out the official trailer:



No comments:

Post a Comment