Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Netflix Movie Review: The Switch

"She’s 40, broody and single, so TV production assistant Jennifer Aniston decides to have a child via a sperm donor. As the title pretty much gives away, complications with two different helpings of man-seed lie ahead. But what the title and marketing don’t tell you is that Aniston is essentially a secondary character. The focus is actually on her unattached best friend Jason Bateman’s discovery that he may not be much of a lover but he’s a great father. Curiously, he comes on like a latterday Tony Randall, a charming neurotic seemingly at the closeted end of the asexual spectrum. Bateman’s performance – as a broker shedding his anxious reserve when it’s his turn to look after Aniston’s melancholy little boy (Thomas Robinson, a real discovery) – is funny, touching and observed in micro-detail throughout." ~ Trevor Johnston
General Movie Info:
Genre:  Comedy, Drama, Romance
Plot:  Still single and increasingly attuned to the cacophony of her biological clock, 40-something Kassie (Jennifer Aniston) decides to pursue motherhood with the help of a sperm donor. Kassie's best friend Wally (Jason Bateman) disagrees with her decision.
Rated: PG-13

My thoughts:
This romantic comedy lacked comedy. It had one or two chuckle moments but never delivered a truly funny moment. Unless you are desperate to see a Jennifer Aniston movie, this is one movie you can live without seeing. I would recommend finding something else to put on your
your Netflix queue.
    
Check out the official trailer:

1 comment:

  1. I remember being a kid and making up things like eating my lice. I wanted to save my teeth when I was a kid, opting for that rather than the Tooth Fairy. The only thing I don’t like about this movie is that the tension lasts way too long, and grows to the point of feeling hopeless that anything could get better. As much as the movies are these days I would rather rent a movie from dishonline.com rather than see them in the theater. I save so much money that we can do some other things besides stay at home like our favorite, miniature golf. I found this movie when I was browsing on my employee DISH account but there are thousands of movies to choose from.

    ReplyDelete