Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Balanced Day!

My stated intention for this blog is to discuss the balancing of my competing priorities and whatever else is on my mind.  Well... Today I did a great job of balancing my priorities.  Below is a quick breakdown of my day.  
x
Enjoy!
 
Family & Recreation:  My wife, son and I went to a local county park and had a blast!  The best part, aside from the weather and company, was our lunch.  We had a picnic by the lake!  (This goose wanted lunch too!)


Personal & Career:  I got my hair cut.  Sure this isn't the greatest personal or career accomplishment but it assisted me in preparing for the upcoming work week.  I start a temporary detail at work tomorrow so the new hair-do represents my new start.  (Wish me luck!)
"Looking the part helps get the chance to fill in. But if you fill the part, it matters not if you look it." ~Malcolm Forbes
Health and Fitness:  I went for a run.  This run didn’t go as well as planned.  I guess my body wasn’t ready for the warm weather, so instead of a steady jog I did sprints. But... at least I got out there!  
“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”  ~Steve Prefontaine
Finance:  I Finally finished my taxes!  
"The politicians say "we" can't afford a tax cut.  Maybe we can't afford the politicians."  ~Steve Forbes
What else is on my mind: 
I hope you all have a balanced day!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun day. I'll miss your curls.

    ReplyDelete