Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Easter Planning with Google Docs!

Easter, like all Holidays, offers an opportunity to get together with family and friends.  While having a get together is fun, they typically require a lot of planning and organizing.  

Who’s coming and who’s bringing what?  


Typically, to answer those questions requires several phone calls and/or a bunch of emails, but with the use of Google Docs I’ve been able to streamline this process!
I first used Google Docs to plan an event at work. I needed to get a large group of people to sign up for a training that was being offered at varied times. Instead of passing around a paper copy or saving a copy to a shared drive (where only one person can access the document at a time), I decided to give Google Docs a whirl. This was a slight risk because I work with some dim bulbs (if you know what I mean). I provided them no special instructions, and still, everyone was able to use the document without incident.
This past Thanksgiving was the first family gathering that I used Google Docs to help organize. The family responded positively so I brought it back for Easter. It is fun fun way to plan!

I posted my Easter Dinner template to the Google Doc Gallery so it should soon be available for everyone.

For those of you who haven’t used Google Docs yet, I highly recommend it!  Google Docs allows you to create documents and easily share them online with whomever you would like.  Since the documents are stored online, several people can access and edit the document at the same time. Collaboration has never been easier! Click here to: Try Google Docs Now!)  


No comments:

Post a Comment