Saturday, April 23, 2011

Man Day!


My wife had a baby shower to attend, so today would be just me and the boy
.  
The adventure begins...

We started off with a diaper change then headed down stairs for breakfast.  Before going down stairs we had to assemble the entourage.  I started with the basics: sheepy, elephant, Mater and McQueen.  I tried to add Tuck into the mix and was quickly shot down.  I don’t know what Tuck had done, but he was not a welcomed to join us for breakfast.
.Your children need your presence more than your presents.  ~Jesse Jackson
We had scrambled eggs and toast.  The boy had chocolate milk and I had coffee in front of the TV as we watched Olivia.  (Not the manliest show for man day but we take what we get.)
Parents are not interested in justice, they're interested in peace and quiet. ~Bill Cosby
After breakfast, the boy played with his toys while I cleaned up and packed his bag for the day.  Another diaper change and then we were off to Home Depot.  We got what I needed, then we took some time to walk around and smell the flowers.
Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing. ~Phyllis Diller
Next stop... Sam’s Club.  We grabbed what we needed and got out fairly quickly.  Unfortunately, they didn't have everything I was looking for so we had to head over to WalMart.  A couple laps around the store and I had everything we needed.
A child is a curly dimpled lunatic. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Once we got home, we had a quick lunch then nap time.  While he napped I cleaned the house (including the bathtub and a closet).  When he woke up we had a snack and then I realized I forgot to get milk.  
A two-year old is kind of like having a blender, but you don't have a top for it. ~Jerry Seinfeld
So we hit the road to get some milk.  When we got back, mamma was home and man day was over.  

Nothing like spending the day with the boy to make the day fly!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute post. Sounds like a fun day.

    ReplyDelete